Sunday, 11 January 2009

Sculpting or Painting....

Still wet and blustery here so no excuse not to sit at the easel. Spent a couple of hours this morning on the painting I started yesterday and I'm pleased with the way it's turning out. Most of the times when I'm painting Arabians it feels more like sculpting than painting. I love moulding the form of their faces this pretty lady was being prepared to go into a show class and there was a feeling of excitement about her. She had that look that horses sometimes have when they can see something you can't. At the moment I'm trying to pick up the various colours that were reflecting from her, soft pinky tones and off course blue but also little flashes of yellow ochre. Forgot to say yesterday that I'm doing this on a board in oils and it measures 6x6.



http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

1 comment:

carloesse75 said...

Good morning! I was looking around on various web blog. I sommermo commenting on this post, leaving a small positive sign of appreciation, a good text, well written. In my little knowledge of the language to imagine committing some spelling mistake, I hope in your comprehension. Congratulations on the blog in general, bele photos.
I am a guy who writes poems, with the dream of opening a room in Paris with trasferimnto home, I love Paris.
I would not mind a visit to my blog, so to comment on what I write, I would be really happy
Greetings Carlo