Thursday, 22 January 2009

SILVER BY NATURE - Elizabeth McCindle



SILVER BY NATURE
Oils 24 x 20
commissioned
Had the pleasure of delivering this commissioned painting to it's new owner yesterday. I was reminded when reading a fellow Canine Art Guild members blog yesterday (Judith Bates) of what a pleasure that is, even more so in this case. I painted the Grand dam of Silver By Nature more years ago than I'm going to admit too so I was quite honoured to be asked back to paint another family member. Actually will be painting a few of her descendants in the coming months. Silver By Nature or Tonto as he's known at home is carrying on the families winning ways and having won three hurdle races last year this season he takes on the bigger fences as a Novice Chaser. So his owner felt he had already earned his spot on the wall next to his Grandmother. I remember as if yesterday being at Ayr races watching his Grandmother Dalkey Sound run in the Scottish Grand National a diminutive little mare she gallantly carried top weight only to be beaten in the run in. It's not often the applause for the horse in second drowns out that of the winner but everyone loves a trier.




FOXHOUND - "EAGER"
Off course art is very much an ups and down profession and I feel I'm losing my way a little with this painting. It's that awful feeling when you know what you want to do, you can actually see it finished in your minds eye....problem is getting that on the board, but I will persevere until my eyes bleed :))

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk











2 comments:

Judith A . Bates said...

I think your foxhound is looking great Elizabeth. I've really enjoyed following your updates with him...And your commission is truly splendid. You've certainly captured his essence. Thanks for your kind words about my work, I really appreciate it :) Happy belated Burns day!!!

Judith Bates (my maiden name is Anderson) :)!

art-fromscotland said...

There's still a way to go with the Foxhound but I'm enjoying working on him. I really enjoyed painting SBN or Tonto as he's known at home and I'm about to start his full brother another grey can be a challenge getting the markings on greys correct but I'm up for it. Yes was a bit of celebrating going on this was the 250th anniversary of the Bard...Anderson eh...so a Scot at heart :))