Friday, 27 February 2009

BABY FACE - Pencil Study 101 Invited Artists Exhibition at the Maclaurin

Baby Face 15cm x 20cm
copyright 2009 Elizabeth McCrindle
As I said in a previous post I'll be exhibiting in the 101 Invited Artists at the Maclaurin this month. As well as exhibiting our two paintings we were asked if each of the artists taking part would also do a thumbnail which would be sold to help with the continuing refurbishment and upgrading of the Galleries. This little pencil study is my contribution, had a lovely afternoon and I have to say theraputic one. It's been a long time since I've done any pencil work and I think the change did me a bit of good.....might do some more. By the way the card was supplied by the Maclaurin I would have done it on the reverse side which was white but there was mark on it so that put paid to that. All the pieces are being placed on a board and those attending the opening will have to guess who the artist is........as we were asked to sign them on the back. Think I might be a dead give away as I'm probably the only artist taking part who paints horses :))

4 comments:

jane augenstein said...

What a little cute face that baby has, Beautiful! Nice big friendly eyes; I love horses with big soft eyes....like Gilly's are.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane....you can tell so much about someone both people and animals by their eyes. You can drown in this little girls :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

How darling!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail :))