Wednesday, 25 February 2009

IT'S IN THE EYES....


Sorry but at the moment this looks more like a blue Labrador than a black one combination of my camera and monitor I think.....well actually I know cos it don't look that blue on the easel. This is the one that I had hoped to have on Monday but scrapped as it wasn't doing anything for me, this one is different knew the minute the eyes went in that things were going to go well...off course there's time yet :). Getting back to the eyes its what appealed to me right from the start about this young Lab she has the most soulful eyes, for everyone not just her owner. Met her last year at a local show where she and some other gundogs were giving a demonstration. When I'm painting portraits eyes are the first thing I do....I go back to them as the portrait developes but if I've cracked the eyes it becomes personal to me and then everything else just seems to fall into place. Hopefully will get a bit more done this evening but probably won't finish it........I do so envy those who can consistantly finish a painting a day.

Hope your having fun with your art whereever you are :))

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Aren't scanners just wonderful how they butcher our art! LOL!

The eyes are wonderful. I always start there as once I nail the eyes, the rest just falls into place.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail :) had another try as it was praying on my mind. Looks much better and is as close as I'm likely to get it :)

Ingrid said...

This is going to be a wonderful portrait! I too, generally start with the eyes. =0) Ingrid

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the encouragement Ingrid didn't manage to work on it today but hopefully tomorrow :)