Sunday, 8 February 2009

THE OPENING 8X8 ACRYLIC £250- SOLD

The Opening 8x8 Acrylic £250- includes s/h worldwide
Available from my website SOLD
Really enjoyed working on this one capturing the play of light on the snow and the shadows caused by the rutted ground in the gateway. It was quite precarious getting the reference photos because the gritters hadn't been out and the road was sheet ice. It's quite a sharp bend and it slopes in towards the gate, was fun...NOT...lol. Added some colour with the strands of grass peeping out that and gate and fence posts adds a little interest. Snow's all gone now apart from the odd smattering but still have a few ideas so you probably haven't seen the end of the white stuff on this blog :))

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Snow is so hard to do!! Love how you captured the slush factor on the road.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I loved trying Gail most times I go for the safe paintings things I'm comfortable doing, but every painting should be a learning curve and I'm trying to go outside the box more. Even if it doesn't work I'll have learnt something which can only be a good thing :)