Wednesday, 4 February 2009

WHAT A SURPRISE


What a surprise it was yesterday to come on and discover that Jane Augenstein had nominated me as one of her seven favourite art blogs. When I see some of the wonderful art that bloggers are doing I feel very honoured to be singled out in this way especially as I feel I've only been here five minutes and have a long ways to go too catch up. Thank you Jane :-)
Sadly haven't managed much painting done well none that I can publish, I am working on the brother of Silver By Nature (an earlier posting), another grey called Hurricane Jack. But as it's a commission it's only fair that Mr B should get first look. Hopefully will have something to publish tomorrow planning a snow scene from earlier reference photos as this little corner of the UK seems to have been the only area not to get snow.......sad thing when you live in the frozen North and you have to conjour up snow paintings with the help of old reference photos lol.
Well as I understand I now have to name seven things I love and then name seven favourite blogs so here goes....in no particular order.......
1. My family sadly more have gone on than are here but I love them dearly.
2. My close friends who I also love dearly and are the family I got to pick...smile.
3. My horses the beautiful Tara who greets me with a warm hello every day, her side kick Dougal who more than most goes under the name of the Devil Incarnate constantly causes havoc but can e so sweet butter wouldn't melt.
4. Rio or to give her her proper title Classy Lady my first horse who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge but remains in my heart.
5. Joshua and Spike my dogs two tiny fur balls with the hearts of a Lion Rampant.
6. The countryside which is my inspiration if I have artist block.
7. My art, I couldn't function with out it.

Favourite Blogs.....there are so much more than seven...
1. JUDE BATES
2. ANIMAL ART ADVENTURES
3. LINDA SHANTZ EQUINE AND ANIMAL ART
4. IN PLEIN AIR
5. BLACK ON GREY ON WHITE
6. DAILY ART WEST
7. DAILY PAINTINGS

Where ever you are enjoy your art :))

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

6 comments:

jane augenstein said...

You are most welcome for the nomination! I love your work! Oh, your beautiful Tara, what a gorgeous face she has!!!
Blessings.....

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Jane that she has...and doesn't she know it lol. Like you discribed your Gilly she was an ugly duckling that bloomed :))

jane augenstein said...

I must be blind!!! However did I miss all the gorgeous fur babies on the side bar??? Oh, the two wee ones are the cutest little guys I have ever seen!!! Such big names for such tiny ones! Beautiful pictures of the horses in perfect time and Dougal, oh, he looks like a little stinker! LOL

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Nope don't think your blind Jane I was probably putting them on when you noticed Tara. And yes Stinker would be a good name for him not to mention Gutsy Gordon and Houdini lol eventually resorted to electric fencing o keep him in and I didn't feel he least bit guilty about the satisfaction I got when he first touched it LOL

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Such beautiful work!

The lemonade award is yours(positive attitude blog award) come and pick it up :-)

Judith A . Bates said...

Congrats Elizabeth! Your four legged friends are so beautiful :) The pic of your wee ones, Joshua and Spike put such a big smile on my face that I'll walk around with that grin for the rest of the day! Thanks for a peek into your lovely and most inspirational world...