Tuesday, 3 March 2009

DISTANT HILLS ACRYLIC 8X8 £250-


Distant Hills Acrylic 8x8 £250-
Felt like a little touch of summer today as it is bitterly cold outside, what happened to Spring :(. Had a look through my reference photographs and came up with this. Like the way this one takes you on a journey through the painting and leaves you wondering what the view might be like from those hills in the distance. Couldn't you just sit there and watch the clouds go by....I wish....smile. I'm in a group exhibition at the end of March at the Torrance Gallery in Edinburgh so maybe this will find it's way there. In the mean time if it takes anyones fancy then you can contact my by email or through the website.

Where ever you are enjoy your art.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

11 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Beautiful spring portrait! It will be a hit I'm sure at the exhibit. Love your new avatar also!

jane augenstein said...

Ahhh, that's beautiful!!! Wish I could just sit there and enjoy the sun on my face and be warm. It's so cold here, the sun is shining but it's only 25 out and I want warm weather so badly! Had to stand outside for an hour and a half while Gilly and Pokey had their feet trimmed this morning and I can't get warmed up!!!
Maybe some hot chocolate would help!!! :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gailyep new avatar today, that was one I did couple of years ago foal had that look...go away and stop disturbing me lol. Jane I know that feeling only too well....hot chocolate would be just dandy and some Marshmallows to melt in it :)

Robin Weiss said...

Greetings Elizabeth! Many thanks for your comment on my blog...

This painting invites the viewer to enter in and explore the countryside....Well done! I could wander there for hours!....To paint in Scotland would be a dream come true!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks for your comment Robin I really appreciate it.
Have been a fan of your blog since I started my own. I hope someday your dream comes true and you get to visit Scotland, there is a painting in every corner and the light is fantastic :)

gianlucio said...

Hello Elizabeth, this beautiful painting, every step to see so much new work. If you must follow my blog of pictorial art.
Ciao!!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you gianlucio I hope you'll continue enjoying my paintings :))

jane augenstein said...

Hi, I just tagged you to post the 6th photo in your 6th folder! You don't have to play if you don't want to but it's fun to see what everyone picks!! :-)
Go to my blog to see.
Jane

Sarah said...

Oh I just found you through Jane and Gail!!! I so love your art!!!! I'm off to explore your blog! Sarah

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane....gave me the excuse to post my lovely Tara

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hi Sarah I'm glad you've joined us and I hope you'll enjoy your visit :)