Monday, 30 March 2009

THE GAZE ACRYLIC 6X6 £120-

The Gaze Acrylic 6x6 £120- or £100- unframed
Finished the foxhound this morning and have to say I'm really quite pleased with it. Like with most paintings you could go on and on finding something to nip or pick at but comes a time when you just have to stop. The eyes on this one have really been the focal point of the painting from day one so it was only natural that they would give it it's title and I've called it "The Gaze". Off course that does seem a bit strange as foxhounds hunt by scent and not sight. I'm taking part in a group exhibition on May at Dowhill a working farm situated between Maidens and Girvan and this one is ear marked for there. It's been quite famous the world over for breeding pedigree Hereford cattle. Couple of years ago myself and a few friends had a very successful exhibition there so hopefully this one will emulate that. Off course if it takes your fancy before that then please contact me by email . Will be trying a new format with WIP's in future I'll photograph throughout the various stages and show them all as one post, think that will give you a better idea of the progression :)
I've also decided that I want to concentrate on paintings only on this Blog so have started another with my photographs, for anyone who has been enjoying them. Called Images and Words from Caledonia, you can find a link to it on the right hand menu near the top.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

7 comments:

jane augenstein said...

This one looks as though he is gazing out across the fields just waiting the for master to come and saddle up for the hunt. Anticipation!
Gorgeous work!!!
Jane and Gilly

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane and off course Gilly bet he would love to be setting off cross country :)

Sarah said...

Oh it's lovely Elizabeth!!! I adore his eyes! Beautiful job!!! Sarah

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sarah I think the eyes make him :)

jane augenstein said...

Elizabeth, Gilly would love to head off cross country, jumping fences and such....but Jane would be terrified!!! Having never jumped any fences of high jumps; I would end up like the jockey, on the ground! LOL

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hopefully Soft Landings....smile

Olga Wagner said...

Love that eye...Amazing job!