Sunday, 1 March 2009

IT'S IN THE EYES ACRYLIC 8X8 £250-

It's In The Eyes Acrylic 8x8 £250-
Copyright 2009 Elizabeth McCrindle

Managed to finish the Lab this morning and I'm really quite pleased with it. Making the back wash lighter has softened the highlight colouring on the labs coat giving it the soft blue and purple sheen that you get on a black dog. If you look back at the other WIP of this painting earlier on in the Blog you will see there is a world of difference.
This one is available for any Labrador or dog collectors out there or as a gift for someone special. Or I'll be happy to chat about a bespoke commission of your own dog. You can contact me through my website or by email.
It's the 1st of March folks we are now officially in Spring....doesn't quite look like it as I look out the studio window lol. Enjoy your art where ever you are.

6 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful Lab and again gorgeous eyes!!! Like I said before, I love big soft kind eyes. You do a fabulous job on animal eyes.
It's getting colder here and then rain on the way.....boo-hoo! :-( I WANT spring and some warmer weather!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane....feel the job is more or less done when you get the eyes right :) Not always off course that would be too easy lol.
Sun is shining here....in between the showers and it's cold. But....you can smell Spring it's just round the corner

allhorsestuff said...

He has lovely carmel soft eyes...what a nice painting!
Thanks for signing up to "Follow/Lead/Share"
at my blog!
Kacy

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kacy and the pleasure was mine, I look forward to reading your posts. Glad you've joined in here:)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wonderful eyes! Reminds me so much of my old lab Cindy who passed many years ago.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail glad it triggered off memories :)