Tuesday, 24 March 2009

RED STICKER :))








Went down to Ayr this morning armed with my camera to take photos at the 101 Exhibition at the Maclaurin. Didn't realise that you couldn't take photos, suppose it must be a copyright issue. Sneakily took a couple one of one of the Galleries (there are 4 rooms) and one of my sold painting...yes sold as in red sticker. Not only that but there were two ladies interested in it so I also have a commission to do something along similar lines, a nice wee boost in this dismal climate (not just weather wise).There have been quite a few sales already and yesterday was really the first day for the public. It really is a beautifully hung exhibition and there are some stunning works of art. If you can manage at all before the 19th April I'd recommend a visit it's at the Maclaurin Galleries in Rozelle Park, Monument Road, AYR.
Pretty dismal weather wise so didn't take many photos. The photos from top to bottom are The circular gallery, my painting with red sticker :)), swathes of daffodils oh how I wish it had been sunny and some Drakes in the duck pond, you didn't even need the sun to pick up the beautiful colours in their plummage.
Well back out in the rain to tuck in the horses for the night, it's nights like these I wish they were Hamsters.


http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Congratulations on the sale! These are dismal times for artists.

There have been many times I wished my horses were hamsters (or some easy to care for animal) at bedding down time!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail yep every sale counts at the moment rough times but we'll come through on the other side...smile.