Monday, 23 March 2009

TORRANCE GALLERY SPRING EXHIBITION

Splash of Colour Oils 8x8 £250-

Ayrshire Landscape Acrylic 6x6 £120- SOLD

Just getting ready to travel up to Edinburgh to hand in my work for the forthcoming Spring Exhibition at the Torrance Gallery in Edinburgh's Dundas Street. Can sometimes be a bind doing this side of the business as I'd much rather be 'creating' but that said it does you good to get out and about now and again. An artists job can be a lonely one at times...maybe thats why I talk to myself so much, though my late Gran always said the time too worry is when you start answering back lol. At least the sun has come out so that makes even the cities look good.
Paintings I'm taking are "Path of the Stream" and "Distant Hills" which can be viewed a little further back on the blog and two newbies. The first "Splash of Colour" was done from reference photographs I took last year of a herd of coloured ponies that arrived in a field in a neighbouring village. Will be keeping an eye for their arrival this yeat as I'd like to get more taken. The foals were a delight...smile. The second Ayrshire Landscape is looking from Busbiehill across the fields towards Dundonald.
Well better dash sooner I'm there sooner I'll be back.

3 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I LOVE the spotted colt, "Splash of Colour". How beautiful your work is! Love the feathery legs on the colt.
Jane

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

WOW! I love the pinto foal!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane and Gail you would have loved the foals....starting a hound study at the moment but will be doing more coloured ponies :))