Wednesday, 15 April 2009

TOWARDS THE SMA' GLEN - ACRYLIC 6X6


Towards the Sma' Glen Acrylic 6x6 £120- or £100- unframed
Felt like doing a wee landscape this morning. Quick flick through my reference photos got the juices flowing and this is what I came up with. This is on the road to Aberfeldy on what we call the scenic or tourist route which takes you through the Sma' Glen. Sma' for those who don't know is Scotch for small. Believe me when I say this Sma' Glen is anything but Sma and as the road meanders through the glen with hills on both sides you feel a little like the meat in the sandwich. Not sure I'd like to be on it in the middle of a Perthshire winter but in the summer it's fair braw.
It was done on board in acrylic and my palette consisted off Titanium White, French Ultramarine, Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Naples Yellow and Naples Yellow Deep. I started with a wash of Raw Sienna then once it dried I just started from the top and made my way down no sketch just paint straight on the board. That is one of the benefits of using acrylic how quickly if dries. Will be available from the website at £150- or £125- unframed. If you are interested in this one or have your eye on something else you can contact me through the website or by email.
Enjoy your art where ever you are :)

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

No comments: