Wednesday, 8 April 2009

THE WINNER ACRYLIC WASH 8X8 £160-


The Winner acrylic wash 8x8 £160-
This is quite an interesting one.....a bit of an experiment. It's an acrylic wash on gessoed board and is done with only two colours ultramarine and burnt sienna well three if you count the smidgen of white I used on the highlights because I had put some burnt sienna in the gesso. I'm swithering whether to do another one with the horse's head turned a little to give a better profile....might even do one of the Grand National winner Mon Mome he has a very distinctive white star but that will be for another day.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

4 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

I love this, Elizabeth. One of my favourite colour combinations, too. Hope you do more of them!

perez.art said...

Thank you Elizabeth for stopping by my blog and for your wonderful comment.
I like very much your ""Light in the Sky" among the other works.
my best
Alex

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda, really enjoy doing these. It's just nice to do something different, stops you from becoming stale. Also think it helps you when it comes to doing a 'proper' painting cos you already have a better understanding of dark to light....I'll be doing more :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Alex....thank you for visiting and for your lovely comments I found your work very inspiring and I'll be looking in again :))