Monday, 18 May 2009

BIG HAIR, LITTLE PONY ACRYLIC 6X6


Big Hair, Little Pony Acrylic 6x6 SOLD
Available from my website
Sorry I know this started as a work in progress and has now gone straight too finished. Thought I had photographed the middle piece but obviously not....be forgetting my head next :). He's such a little poser which makes it very easy to capture him......in paint not in a field where he can be a monkey to catch and an escapologist. He was wearing a halter on the reference photos but I left it off as it takes up all off his face, he actually wears what was Rio's (my first horse) foal headcollar and it's still seems too big for him. I'm pretty pleased with the result so hope you like it. This one is available from my website and can be purchased securely with PayPal........anyone out there with a rotund hairy pony they want painting just drop me a line......I also do elegant non rotunds as well lol.
Enjoy your art where ever you are and look in tomorrow for something new from the easel :)

14 comments:

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Love the lighting in this painting Elizabeth! He is so cute and looks peaceful and happy. Great job!

Sarah said...

He is darling!! Beautiful job!! I had one of those chubby escape artists ponys!! I so adore your work!! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings, Sarah

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Debbie glad you like it.....don't let the cute outer image fool you he's a monster lol...but he has his darling moments :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sarah for your encouragement it's very much appreciated. Yep he can get out of most things and also into things he shouldn't but he does have his moments and is a good muse lol

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

He is precious! What a wonderful painting!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail glad you like it :)

Erin Spencer said...

I just found your blog through Sara Winters' blog. I really enjoy your landscapes. I love your brushstrokes! Inspiring!

Jane Hunt said...

I've just happened across your blog and I'm so glad I did! Beautiful paintings - I grew up in the UK and they're making me homesick, which must mean you've captured your subjects very well:)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hi Erin thanks for dropping in for a look and thanks for the comments hope you'll drop in from time to time :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm glad you happened across it as well. Sorry to make you homesick but hope your enjoying them :)

Gary Keimig said...

Very nice work. Very harmonious.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gary....enjoyed looking through your blogs like your work :))

Kelly Singleton said...

What a lovely pony - he seems fat and happy! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really enjoyed looking through yours. Very nice work!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kelly yes he's a happy wee man :). Really enjoyed your blog especially the bear.