Thursday, 28 May 2009

"JO JO" ACRYLIC 6X6


"Jo Jo" Acrylic 6x6
Available from Elizabeth McCrindles Art From Scotland website
Copyright 2009 Elizabeth McCrindle
For better or worse have decided that the black calf is probably (lol) finished, well there comes a time when you can't go any further and this is it....hence the reason she now has a name Jo Jo. For those of you new to my blog I generally give my cow/calf/bull paintings a name that I think suits them, which saves me trying to come up with something more imaginative than 'black calf in meadow' :)). Still having problems getting my image on here to look like the original. This is the best I can get and without sounding as if I'm blowing my own trumpet the original is much better and has a warmer glow to it. If you can't bare the thought of her going too market I'll be happy to hear from you. You can contact me at emccrindle@scottishartist.fsnet.co.uk or check the website for details.
Off to Dowhill tonight to take down the exhibition, seems like only yesterday we hung it. Haven't been back down or in touch with them but by accounts I've heard things have been slow. Ho Hum onwards and upwards.
Board is primed ready for a head steady using my beautiful Tara as the model, I'm also working on a larger oil for a client (can't show it till finished) and there's another black calf begging to be painted this time in oils. Enjoy your art where ever you are.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Loved watching your black calf come to life!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail :)

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I love cow paintings and this one is very nice.

onpainting said...

I forgot to say what a great painting I think "Edge of the Field" is.