Thursday, 14 May 2009

PAINTINGS FOR EXHIBITION AT DOWHILL FARM

Flora Acrylic 8x8

Felicity Oils 8x8


The Gaze Acrylic 6x6


The Hairy One Acrylic 6x6

Ripening Crops Acrylic 6x6


Toffee Acrylic 6x6 SOLD

Bertie Acylic 6x6

These are the paintings that will be in the group exhibition at Dowhill Farm, Turnberry. There are five of us putting on a show and we were down there last night hanging the exhibition. Not I have to say the easiest thing or most stress free that I have ever done. With different sizes of paintings and different subject matter wasn't easy to make things blend but think we have.....hopefully. Tonight we go back to label everything and make final alterations as the preview is on Friday night. Have say I'm not the greatest fan of previews but it's something so have to overcome in this business of selling art. This is a lovely venue though with beautiful views across to Ailsa Craig and Arran not to mention a rocky beach which just begs to be painted. Needless to say I'll have my camera with me so hopefully will have a chance to use it.
Footnote...... see if you can notice anything wrong with one of the coo paintings, one of the other artists commented on it last night.....could have kicked myself but too late now lol.

7 comments:

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Cool line up. All the best for the opening tomorrow. Being a non coo expert, all can say is they look as cute as a coo should look.:)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Great line-up for an exhibit! For the life of me, I can't see anything wrong.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona and Gail hope the Gods will be kind.....it's Felicity forgot too put her yellow tags on, couldn't believe it when one of the ladies said "why hasn't that one got the yellow thingy's on"...grrr. Remember because it was an oil leaving it till it dried before I painted them...tch never mind she's unique lol

Kathleen Harrington Paints said...

These are wonderful - so glad I came across your blog!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Kathleen I'm glad you like them and thanks for following :))

FCP said...

All your work is stunning, but this little guy is my favorite. What a wonderful exhibit.
Faye

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks for the lovely comment Faye :))