Saturday, 6 June 2009

JOINED THE FUN AT THE BELMONT pARTy

Acrylic 7 x 5

Two fellow blog artists have been having a pARTy to celebrate the America Triple Crown series. They each.....Linda Shantz and Kim Santini did a painting from a referance photograph provided by superb photographer Juliet Harrison . On this the last leg of the series, the Belmont, they invited anyone who wanted, to join the party....this is the photograph referance we had to work from.
As usual I spent so much time thinking about what I was going to do yesterday I didn't leave myself self much time to complete withing the 24 hour deadline....the fact that racing from Epsom was on the tv didn't help either lol. Decided eventually to single out the bay horse only because I thought he had a prettier head than the grey. I completed it in acrylic on a piece off mount card and it measures 7 x 5 using washes on top off each other. Would have to say that the original does look much better than the photograph it's softer and warmer than this....and not so purple :-s.
Looking forward to see what everyone else produces, will be checking the pARTy blog and off course looking forward to the DERBY today at Epsom good luck and a safe trip to all taking part....and too those across the Pond in the Belmont

6 comments:

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Cool crop of the pic. Love the limited palette. Thought I saw you at the pARTy!!!. Have a great racing week-end:)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona...was fun to do but nerve wracking getting it done. Don't no how these daily painters manage it day after day :)

Jane Hunt said...

Love your use of bluish highlights here - beautiful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane glad you like it they are a little softer in the original.....sometimes it's so hard to match colours on here.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love your blog, and your work, and your obvious empathy with the animals! I'm going to bookmark you, Elizabeth, and visit often. You make me want to visit Scotland (If only to hear people refer to things as 'wee')!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kelley for the great comments about my blog and work. They are so very much appreciated and I'll be glad to have you visit often....for a wee visit :))