Monday, 15 June 2009

No Painting Done Today....


Took a couple of paintings to Troon today, to the Framework Gallery. A lovely gallery full of paintings by local and further afield artists. Fresh and bright it's a joy to walk through. Took two recent works that you have already seen "View From The Hill" and "Catching the Morning Sun". Fingers crossed they'll catch someones eye.

While I was in Troon I took the oppertunity to go visit the Marina....boy was I glad I did. All enclosed together like sardines in a tin the yachts were stunning....the thought of having to park one of these would bring me out in a cold sweat. I felt like a kid loose in a chocolate factory. Not that I'm a sailor or even a painter of boats...far from it, but, the colours. Took masses of photos so don't be surprised to see some paintings of boats in the near future....when I'll definately be out of my comfort zone :))

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the top piece-another "this is what I think Scotland looks like" piece!

Not much art for me in the next coming weeks. Had an accident with my hand, fortunately can type away one handed fairly well, but drawing is out.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Oh Gail I'm sorry to hear about your accident will be very frustrating not being able to create.....I'd be punching walls. Mind you guess that wouldn't help get it better. Do hope you recover soon.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

Lovely work Elizabeth, your landscapes make me want to visit Scotland, and your boats are outstanding!!

Karen Appleton said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I'm so glad to discover yours as well! Your paintings and photographs are just beautiful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thans Dana, I'm sure if you ever get the chance to visit Scotland you woud love it. I wish the boats were paintings but those were reference photos I took yesterday at Troon :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the compliments about my paintings and photographs. I really enjoy looking at your work :))