Sunday, 28 June 2009

The Old Ones
Acrylic 6x6
£150- or £125 unframed
Email me if your interested
Commissions also accepted

This is a little group of trees that have been here since long before I was born (no cheeky comments thank you lol). This summer I've really seen a difference in them, most people passing them probably won't but they're old friends to me and I've painted them a few times and can see the change in them. Chances are this will be their last summer as two years ago they had the dreaded red crosses painted on them by Scottish Power. We lost a few old friends that year as they were deemed a danger to the power cables..took minutes too take down hundreds of years of growing. I can't help but think of the changes they have seen and the stories they could tell....:)

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely as always!

Stop by my blog for an award :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail :))