Thursday, 18 June 2009

"PETAL" ACRYLIC 6X6......

"Petal" Acrylic 6x6 £150- or £125- unframed
Any enquiries about "Petal" to me
Commissions accepted.

There are some paintings your working on that just seem to fall off the brush and this little one was one. I've enjoyed working on this from the first spot of paint. I'm sure other artists will agree with me when I say there are times when you know almost from the preliminary drawing that its going to work. I'm sure Petal as I've named her won't mind me saying that I've loved doing her wrinkles and double chin lol. Hope you enjoy her as well and thanks for dropping by.

P.S. Almost forgot if you get a moment take a look at The Equinest they've done a very nice feature on my work. Thanks to them :)

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

8 comments:

Tatiana said...

oh yes! i love those 'fall off your brush' paintings...and you have succeeded wonderfully here. beautiful.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Tatiana, it was a good day today :)

Jennifer Rose said...

she looks great :) love all the wrinkles.

I get drawings like that, and always hate to finish them tho as I don't know if I will get the same feeling from the next piece.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer always think the wrinkles are much more interesting to do :)

Dean H. said...

"Petals" looks great! I like the bits of red under toning peeking through. I use that on a lot of my work. It enlivens the painting.

That was a wonderful article on you at The Equinest!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Dean I like it too and agree that it does lift the painting. Charolais do have a pink pigmenatation in their skin and this brings it out.
Glad you enjoyed the article was quite pleased myself :)

Gwen Bell said...

This is so beautiful. Love the way the pink shows through the cow's skin. I know what you mean about falling off the brush. When it happens it's such a fun and wondrous feeling! Wish it would happen more often.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It's is a wonderous feeling Gwen....and what makes painting so worthwhile that fleeting moment when it all comes together the way you wanted it too :D