Saturday, 25 July 2009

Good News and Highland Coo's....

It's always a bittle deflating when a painting doesn't go as planned and with other stuff going on was on a little downer this morning. Then I remembered the Highland Coo's that I noticed last week one of the day's I was picking up my Aunt. When I arrived at the field I thought for a moment they had been moved then in the far corner I noticed them takng a morning nap in the long grass. A wee whistle from me got the head up and there peeking through the grass was that unmistakeable wild fringe with a impressive set of horns on top. If you look a little to the right of her head there's a thistle growing in the grass.......two scottish icons together :)
After leisurely getting to her feet, a few shakes of her ginger locks and a stretch she gave me a pose. Lovely clean horns with not a nick or a scratch.

Almost missed the wee bit fluff hiding in the hedgerow...adorable!!

Now for the good news :) came home to find that I'd sold the last of my three paintings at the Dunkeld Cathedral Art Exhibition. Have always loved this wee study of a hound and I'm glad he's found a new home in Cumbria where I hope he'll continue to give his new owners many years of pleasure. I'm accepting commissions at the moment, so if you've been considering getting your horse/dog painted now's the time to get in the queue before slots fill up.....could be one less Christmas gift you'll have to think about.

4 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful pictures of the long horned cow and baby. Baby is adorable!
Congrats on your sales!!! I loved that dog picture, he is gorgeous!
~Jane and Gilly~

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane glad you liked them...I love Highland cows they have an easy going nature. Just like the rest of us Scot's lol

Jennifer Rose said...

skeebies! :D I just love them, would have one or two if we had the room lol

congrats on the sale :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the congrats, just proves the buyers are out there :)

I'd have them too but no room :(