Tuesday, 7 July 2009

"SUMMER HEDGEROW" ACRYLIC 8X8

"Summer Hedgerow"
Acrylic 8x8
£250-
Lots of open gateways at the moment with hay having been cut and brought in, this field is just a little way from my house and the hedgerow caught my eye the other day. Loved the overgrown look with all the grasses and the bramble flowers peeping through, with the poor fence post just managing to see out.
Thanks for dropping in for a look and hope you'll visit again soon. The painting is making it's way to Turnberry at the end of the week for a group show at Dowhill but if your interested email me.

6 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

you have made a simple subject into an artwork that is perhaps your genius.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Diana that is a lovely comment to make. I think the secret to art is too love your subject, I love what I paint and I hope that shines through :)

gypsywoman said...

have just come across your great site - love your work which has such a soft beauty about it - i hail from scotland via my paternal lineage so it is especially wonderful to find your blog - i have a few little blogs started [some still in infancy so to speak] but would love for you to drop by anytime should you be so inclined - and i hope that you are - till then - jenean

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jenean for contributing too my Blog and I'm glad you like it and my work. Time for bed now on this side of the Pond but I'll check your Blogs tomorrow. I'm new to this as well and enjoying it very much :)

Jennifer Rose said...

very familiar sight around here too :) great texture to the bush :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the comment Jennifer....love painting the countryside around me