Thursday, 27 August 2009

"FLAXEN HAIR" ACRYLIC 6X6


"Flaxen Hair" Acrylic 6x6

Click here for purchase information

I can remember as a little girl praying that I'd get a golden pony with a flaxen mane and tail...well truth be told I'd have settled for any colour but I think every little girl wants a golden pony. Here he is all finished and large as life, doing what he loves most...eating. It's a lovely sunny day and the sun sets his coat alight and his flaxen mane sparkles like a million diamonds. Monkey or not he's a gorgeous wee man..smile.

Website

My Virtual Gallery

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I always wanted a paint horse, wasn't too concerned with the colour. I just loved the splashes of colour on them.

you painting is gorgeous, great golden colour to it

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love it! Your style of painting is so wonderful, rich and expressive.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Funny enough Jennifer it was a coloured pony I was looking for when I got Tara. There had been a field full off them during the summer months but the minute I was looking they disappeared. Guess it was fate and Tara was meant to come to me :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Gail very kind words. I think art is all about painting what you love....that takes the hard work out of it....well most of the time :)