Sunday, 23 August 2009

The Mini Mammoth.....


The mini mammoth

Dougal or the mini mammoth as he's sometimes fondly called.....I say sometimes cos mostly he get's called, well let's just say words that can't be used on here for fear off being banned lol. He can be a bit of a monkey at times although he is always very sorry afterwards...mostly cos he wants released from jail lol. But for once he is the stable star.....though I don't think Sea the Stars is quaking in his racing plates. Dougal is the model (forget the stick insect look) for my fat, hairy pony paintings. "The Hairy One" sold first back in June at Dunkeld and yesterday when I went to collect my paintings from Kilbarchan I discovered that "Big Hair, Little Pony" had found a new home at 23 years old he's finally found his calling in the horse world.....I'm planning more hairy pony paintings as I type, his never sleek summer coat is getting fluffy again as autumn approaches.


"Big Hair, Little Pony"
"The Hairy One"

6 comments:

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Ahhh, the Mini Mammoth is a doll! Love his portraits and his personality as you describe him. Congrats on the sales!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

He is adorable really Melody..she says in a whisper even if he can be a bit naughty at times. Thanks for the congrats on the sales every little helps give you the encouragement to forge on :)

Jennifer Rose said...

aww he is cute :D ponies can be such characters, and the ones I've known always seem to be trying to see how far they can get with mischief before they get caught :p

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Cute he is Jennifer :) He came to live with Tara after my first horse Rio died, although he had spent summer holidays at the yard when Andra's grand children were on holiday. Tara adores him though he is definately the boss lol

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've always loved your paintings of mini mammoth!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm pleased to hear that Gail, you'll be glad to hear there are more on the pipeline :))

Haven't seen you about for a little while hope you've been having a lovely Summer.