Friday, 28 August 2009

The weekend starts here.......





Thought I'd give you a blaze of colour too sustain you over the weekend. This week has seen a big change in our weather pattern and although we will still have lovely sunny spells, it's time to crack on with some jobs that have been put to the side. The jobs that all too frequently get the " I'll do that at the weekend". So for the next few weeks there will be a buzz of industry. Not that I ever sit and twiddle my thumbs much BUT....anyone who spends time on a computer will tell you it's impossible too come on for just five minutes to update this or check out that, there is always a knock on effect which take a couple of hours from your life. So the moment after I post this the computer will be switched off (well at least till late evening) and I'll tackle those always gonna get done chores. Had hoped I was going to start with an outside job but the rain is again lashing against my window so for now will tackle in doors starting with my studio. At the moment it has also been serving as a dumping spot and I really want too move things around so the bin bags are at the ready.
All the above photographs were taken yesterday morning while I was up at the horses. Those of you who are frequent visitors will know that this is Andra's garden and that I've kept my horses here for something like 25 years and I'm classed as one of the family. Andra is getting on in years will be 91 come November but he still spends his days in his beloved garden and likes nothing better than giving folk walking past a guided tour and a blether. My garden has a few shrubs and plants that started their life in Andras garden, but as I'm always telling him my horses supply him with the best manure in Ayrshire.
Have a super weekend whatever you may be doing!

6 comments:

GYPSYWOMAN said...

how absolutely breathtaking! so beautiful! i'm wondering of the name of the top one - the orange trumpet? thanks for bringing such colorful sunshine to delaware usa!

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

WOW! Those flowers of Andras garden are amazing! Please give him thanks for letting you share it with us!:0)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well gypsywoman your very welcome I'm glad to have sent a little colour to Delaware. The plant you asked about is call crocosmia and is a perennial that one is 'lucifer' looks a little orange in the photograph but it's actually scarlet...it has a clump of spikey grasses at the base very striking.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks yes they are gorgeous and I'll be sure to tell him that they were much admired. Will put a big smile on his face :)

Jennifer Rose said...

I love begonias, yes please tell him that his flowers are gorgeous :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Think begonias are a favourite with him too Jennifer