Monday, 28 September 2009

IMAGES FROM ABERFELDY.......

Had a lovely day in Aberfeldy yesterday, was up delivering work to the Aberfeldy Gallery but had my camera with me as usual and took a few snaps........well more thean a few but haven't had time to sift through them all....the river was pretty high and running fast but I was brave and took the dogs along the bank..... not too brave when it comes to water.

These guys were an absolute delight and seemed to come from every corner of the river. Don't think I've ever come across 'wild' ducks that were so friendly....they even came out the water and followed us along the bank lol. As you can see Autumn has arrived in the gateway to the Highlands and the leaves are dropping from the trees.



Two shots from the Black Watch Monument, I love this statue and always when time permits come for a visit to it when I'm in Aberfeldy. I love too touch it which might sound odd but I think the whole object off statues or any kind of carving should be felt as well as looked at. As I'm sure you'll all know the Black Watch is one of Scotlands best known and gallant regiments and even though our government thought fit to amalgamate all our Scottish regiments into one i will always think of them as seperate.

2 comments:

Judith A . Bates said...

It IS a lovely statue Elizabeth... I know what you mean about the touching of it. I do as well, it always makes me think of all of the countless people who have come before me, who might have touched it as well...

Inspiring photos!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

You put into words what I meant too say Judith....can't help but think of those who have visited, touched and been touched by this monument.

Hope you are well and still painting :)