Sunday, 13 September 2009

"THE ROOSTED GATE" ACRYLIC 16 X 16


"The Roosted Gate"
Acrylic 16 x 16
Click here for purchase information

All done, I'm quite pleased with this one I like the rich colours and I have to say the photos don't quite do it justice. This is one of the paintings I'm sending to the Annual Save The Children Exhibition I receive an invitation to every year. The exhibition will be held from 28th September till the 25th October at the Maclaurin Galleries, Rozelle Park, Ayr, if you get the chance the show is well worth a visit. 40% off the proceeds from the sale off the paintings goes too this worthy cause.

8 comments:

Sunny said...

Very nice finished work. The colors are lovely and I like the textures of the grass, the wooden post and the metal of the gate. A wonderful country scene.
Sunny :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sunny it's one of those scenes that comes easily to me because I see it on a day to day basis. The mind and memory take in things that we don't know until we call on them :)

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Nice nice nice! Like both the palette and composition you've chosen for this piece. I'm sure it will do really well at the show ;-)

GYPSYWOMAN said...

simply beautiful - just perfect! oh, and how wonderful to experience such beauty every day! thanks for sharing!

Dean H. said...

A beautiful outcome on this painting, Elizabeth!
A great balance of detail and suggestion!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona for the lovely comments I have too say I really enjoyed doing this painting. The ladies who do so much to make this exhibition as success also liked it :))

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gypsywoman :) I really am very lucky living where I do with so much around me too inspire.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Dean as always your comments are much appreciated :)