Friday, 25 September 2009

"THROUGH THE MIDDLE" ACRYLIC 8x8

"Through The Middle"
Acrylic 8x8
Click here for purchase details

You can just about see the turning of the colour to the landscape in this wee painting. The wee burn is winding it's way to the sea and will join the river Irvine further down the way. This view is taken from the old stone bridge on Southook Road. There used to be mines and a brickwork but all have succumbed to age, though yesterday I was watching them plough the field on the left hand side of this field and they had a boy scooting about picking up stones and bricks definate left overs :). Was a challenge for me too split the greens into their forty shades but I'm happy enough with the end result.

My Virtual Gallery

4 comments:

Sunny said...

I wish I could melt into your lovely painting and sit beside the stream. So green and peaceful.
Sunny :)

Diana Marshall said...

love the painting with all those greens, which I find is sometimes a hard colour to get right with all it's hues, but it looks like it is just the beginning of autumn and the water is perfect too.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Ahh Sunny that's the beauty of a painting you can step into it whenever you want or need too :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Diana yes would agree that green can be a colour that's difficult to control....I try to think of the colours that surround it and add little dashes of those I also find adding red tones to it can take away the sting.