Saturday, 12 September 2009

WORK IN PROGRESS....."THE ROOSTED GATE"

Well I'm a little further forward with the work in progress. I'm kinda feeling my way into the painting at the moment. The gate itself has broken away from the post and ever so slowly it's being swollowed be the hedge. I'll cover the whole board with large brush strokes then go back over tightning it a little here and there...no need to put every leaf or blade of grass in, if you suggest it the eye will do the rest.





Some more of the cuddly coos as promised, they really are very pretty and for cows terribly shy. My usual problem with cows is their curiosity means they walk towards you when your trying to take photos but these guys are very camera shy.

6 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

I look forward to seeing the finished piece - it's great to see your process!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad your enjoying it Jane, can be a bit nerve wracking for me hoping it'll turn out ok. Feels like your all looking over my shoulder while I work

Jennifer Rose said...

aww baby skeebie :D shy and jumpy but around here I don't blame them considering the amount of neds that let their dogs into the pens to bug the cows :/

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

These ones I think are pretty feral which makes them wary. As for the Neds we don't have many off those, the ones that escaped alive have never come back :))

Have to say I've never heard them called skeebie's before ??

Jennifer Rose said...

must be a regional variation :) hubby's parents were the first people I heard say it

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well each day you learn something new :))