Monday, 5 October 2009

LIKE BUSES....


"Distant Hills"
Acrylic 8x8
SOLD

Selling paintings is a bit like buses, nothing and then two or three come at once. Not that I'm complaining in anyway in fact I'm over the moon and long may it continue. It's something you have to be prepared for as a professional artist and hope that the lean months balance out with the fruitful ones.
Now I should have been working like a trojan at the easel but I really needed to weed at the front of the house as tomorrow rain is forecast...it's done and all in all has been not a bad day :)
Hope yours is a good one and thanks for looking in.

12 comments:

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

Congrats Elizabeth, your work is gorgeous! :)

Paulo J. Mendes said...

I'm happy that beautiful painting could catch the bus... The "driver" must be a happy and lucky one.
Wish you more fruitful days :))

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Carol it's very kind of you to say :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely words Paulo, I'm hoping your days are also proving fruitful :)

Diana Marshall said...

You are on a roll, may it never end!
I really like this one, makes me rather nostalgic.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Diana I hope so too....does it remind you off home??

Bonnie, Original Art Studio said...

Congratulations on your sales - lucky, astute purchasers!! Your work is so pleasing - I want to insert myself in it and go for a walk!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Bonnie I like to think when someone purchases my landscapes they think like you and imagine themselves taking a walk through the scene :)

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Great news. Congratulations they are great pieces. In french there's a saying "jamais deux sans trois" (never two without three...) :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona it's much appreciated :)

Sunny said...

Congratulations. Your buyer is very lucky to have such a lovely painting.
Sunny :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sunny I hope they'll enjoy it for many years too come :)