Monday, 19 October 2009

WORK IN PROGRESS "GUS" ACRYLIC 6X6


Firstly I'm sorry about the quality of the image and the probable need for sunglasses. I had actually sketched out the head first as usual but obviously the ultramarine wasn't dry when I hit it with my rather over bright wash but I'm sure you can get the drift off what's coming.
I know I said (well maybe I said it to myself) that I wouldn't be doing anymore works in progress after the last disaster but really the whole point of this blog is a journal of my work for myself as well as for whoever comes across it. Originally back in January I started this with a view to promoting my work to the masses, well maybe not masses but for a bigger audience. I now realise that it will be a useful tool for me to watch progress and developement in my work, and, to do that you can only grow from your mistakes as well as success.
Although I've been a full time artist since 1996 my painting has had to take a back seat for a few years due to my Father's death at a point when things were starting to go well. I won't go into details of the following years where I also lost my Mother but my art which had always been my comfort left me and I couldn't paint. Over the last two years a change has begun and the hunger to paint has started to come back, it's up to me to continue to feed the hunger, because your only as good as your last painting.
Thanks for dropping in for a look.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Can't wait to see more.
Sunny :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well you didn't have long to wait Sunny, got a fair bit done this afternoon :)