Monday, 19 October 2009

WORK IN PROGRESS "GUS" ACRYLIC 6X6


Managed to get a good start on this wip this afternoon and quite pleased with how it's working out. Hoping to get a bit further this evening, little landscapes I can generally rattle off in a day but animals are different. I just seem to pick more at my animal portraits trying to capture the character of the animal I'm painting. This Aberdeen Angus bullock has a softness about him......he's definately found his feminine side. Think the wash looks a bit calmer as well lol. I really admire these artists who can rattle off animal portraits in a day, it's hard work. I joined the group of artists on Daily Painters International Art Gallery last week and I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.
Thanks for visiting come back and see how he turns out :)

7 comments:

Sunny said...

I love it, Gus is wonderful. Can't wait to see more.
Sunny :)

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

This is a beauty Elizabeth! What a handome guy Gus is! :)

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Great choice of colours. Will be back :)

Jennifer Rose said...

its a nice start :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep Carol there is something really lovely about Aberdeen Angus I don't recall coming across an ugly one...smile.

Thanks Sheona black animals are really good for reflecting the colour around them.

Thanks Jennifer, yesterday turned out to be one of those days when life got in the way off art and I couldn't get to the easel....grrr but should finish him today :))

imac said...

You surly are a great Artist.

Thanks for visiting my lil ol blog and your most kind words and comments.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Not sure about the being a great artist imac but I'd like to think I'm improving as I go along...thanks for looking in :)