Sunday, 13 December 2009

ALMOST A YEAR AS A BLOGGER........

Copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

Sorry that posts have been scarce this month but I promise to make up for it next year....smile. Next year will be my second as a blogger and if it's as enjoyable as the year thats waning, then I won't complain. I had off course heard of blogs and seen some but it wasn't until I joined the Canine Art Guild that I started a blog of my own. As a full time artist who for family reason's hadn't been able to devote myself to my art for the last few years, it's been a case of getting back in the saddle this year, not helped by the economic slump but things have got better as the year has passed. I can honestly say that my blog has been a great encouragement to me, both as the impetus to work every day, even if it's just an hour and for checking out the wonderful artist's blogs I have found. There are too many to name on this post but if you take a look on the side bar of my blog you'll find them. There are three however I'd like to give a special mention to......firstly the young lady who got me started on blogs and a wizard with a pencil, only natural she's also a Scot, Sheona Hamilton, check out her work at Black on Grey on White. The there's Kim Santini check out her work at The Painting A Dog A Day Project she consistently climbs mountains everyday to bring us gorgeous dog portraits full of colour and character, and with the volume of work she gets through daily I swear she must be wired into the National Grid lol.....oh for half your energy Kim :) Last but not least Linda Shantz of Linda Shantz Equine and Animal Art, Linda doesn't know it but with following her beautiful work, photographs and stories of the horses in her care my passion for painting horses has returned ten fold and reminded me why I paint. So you've been warned there's going to be more horses on the blog this coming year. Thanks ladies for cooking my creative juices and stoking the fire within :))
Oh and if you don't remember the head study above, it was one of the first images I posted and is the young chaser Silver By Nature. Keep your fingers crossed for him on 28th December when he'll be running in the Coral Welsh National...exciting stuff :))

4 comments:

Kimberly Santini said...

Elizabeth, you've placed me in some stellar company, yourself included. Thank you very much for the nod, but woman, your work ROCKS too!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kim much appreciated as is the inspiration I get from you, Sheona and Linda :))

Jenpainting - Jennifer Morrison said...

You Horses Are Just FANTASTIC!! Beautiful Work!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jen it's very kind of you to say :)