Monday, 21 December 2009

GREAT DANE PORTRAIT WORK IN PROGRESS


Funny how things keep getting in the way when your on a deadline....weather is causing chaos...plus have a doctors appointment tomorrow and have to take my brother to the dentist Wednesday and off course all the other little niggly things that delibrately happen to annoy me....bah humbug.
All that said I'm enjoying painting this Great Dane....she's such a gorgeous elegant dog like a super model don't you think? She's my last Christmas commission and has to be ready for Wednesday, eek so I'll be back to the easel after this wee break. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll like the finished piece. It's nigh on impossible to work from the two photos I have and about the only thing I can make out is her markings.....I'm on a wing of a prayer. One of the reasons I like to meet my model and take my own photos. Anyways enough gabbing and get back to the easel.

3 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

I look forward to seeing this one finished Elizabeth. Years ago I owned a Great Dane; they are wonderful, beautiful dogs. Love your use of color in this one.

Jennifer Rose said...

the painting looks great :D very regal

we use to have a dane, but he was dumb as a rock lol

the weather isn't causing too many problems here, but I haven't left the flat yet but it might explain why I've only seen 2 cars on the road since 8:30....

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda have really enjoyed this painting....a bit different ffrom me, more contemporary.

Yep Jennifer she looks right posh with her nose in the air. A friend had one Lancer he was the softest big lump on the planet.