Friday, 4 December 2009

A LITTLE TEASER........

Thought I'd give you a little teaser of the portrait I started today. This isn't spoiling anyone's surprise as it's the owner of this handsome grey that commissioned it for themselve and I'll only show you little pieces as I work through them. Quite large at 24x20 and it's in oils hopefully the finished piece will be quite striking. As always I start with a good drawing not really detailed but showing bone structure and the placement of the eye. For me the eye is the most important and thats where I always start, without fail, the eye makes it alive for me. Even at this stage I can already see alterations need to be made to the ears...you can't see them so you'll have to take my word for it that they're just a bit to big. But thats the thing about painting it develop's a little at a time. Going to be a challenge putting in his distinctive markings but that's half the fun.
Well I'm having a day off tomorrow going shopping and lunch with a friend. Christmas Craft Fair at Troon then to Dobbies in Ayr for lunch and check out the Christmas decorations.
Thanks as always for looking :)

Now accepting commissions for 2010.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/
http://art-from-scotland-gallery.blogspot.com/
http://imagesandwords-from-caledonia.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Beautiful eye! Can't wait to see the rest!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Been busy shopping, cleaning and putting up some Christmas decorations so no painting this weekend but more to come this coming week :)

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Starting with the eye - and getting it right first - shows your sensitivity and determination to get the important things 'down' first! Good for you! I love the beautiful rendition of the eye - which is, as they say, the window of the soul.

Have a fun time shopping!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Kelley yep agree with you that eyes are the windows to the soul, thanks for your lovely comments :)

becky joy said...

Intriguing. Cann't wait to see the rest. A good start.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Becky tranquility has returned to the studio now that my internet problem has been cured....should be posting updates soon :)