Wednesday, 30 December 2009

New Year's resolution......People painting.....

"Irish Eyes" Oil on board 20x24
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle
This portrait is one of about five, six at most portraits I've ever done and I mean in a life time, ok doesn't include jockeys wearing goggles or teeny wee riders with featureless faces. I could make the excuse that it's because I've been so busy painting horses, dogs landscapes e.t.c. I don't have time, but I think it's more being really way out of my comfort zone. Could also lie in the fact that I'm not really a people person, I communicate so much easier with animals, I don't have the same empathy with people. So my New Year's resolution this year is to do more people paintings....my fingers trembled as I typed that lol......well baby steps first, I'll start with little studies first and work my way up, yep feel braver already :)
Not into the New Year just yet so I'm off to look for something safe to paint. Thanks as always for looking in, have a great day where ever you are.

8 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Ah, you and me both, Elizabeth! That's been my resolution for the past three years or so, but so far I've failed miserably! Maybe this year? Perhaps we can cheer each other on!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Now that might be a good idea Linda...the safety in number theory :))

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Add me to that too, always afraid to do many people, although I'm going to skip painting portraits :-) and resolve to do more paintings in general this year.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Should probably not have made it a resolution, as they tend to be made to be broken lol. Lets just say it will be a year for developing my skills :)

Diana Marshall said...

This portrait is just beautiful, breathtaking in fact! You definately should do more human portraits in my humble opinion.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Diana I did enjoy doing this one and I'm always in awe of the many beautiful portraits I see. I want to do some larger paintings at the racecourse this year so I will need to develop my skill at humans, hopefully they will look as alive as the horses :)

~ Kirra ~ said...

As the owner of a wee Irish Cavalier King Charles - I know what you mean of 'Irish Eyes' and you have captured beautifully in your painting.

May the year ahead continue to express the delight within your amazing paintings.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank's I'm glad you enjoyed the painting and yes I can imagine your little Cavalier will have adorable eyes :)