Friday, 4 December 2009

Still working on commissions......


copyright Elizabeth McCrindle
Sorry still no artwork to see....still working on commission's, thankfully, not all of them are for Christmas but some have been outstanding for a little while. I really wish I could be more organised or stay focused on the project to hand but I do find comfort in reading other artist's blogs and realise it is a disease that most of us artistic types suffer from. I reckon our brains are so full of creative ideas it can be difficult to single one out......thats my theory and I'm sticking to it. It definately has nothing to do with getting older and being less able to multi task.....:).
Well I better get myself back to the easel instead of babbling away on here......sending this wee red breasted chap so you'll have something nice to look at....smile.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

http://art-from-scotland-gallery.blogspot.com/

http://imagesandwords-from-caledonia.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

What an adorable little bird Elizabeth......what kind is it?

I go thru periods where I seem to suffer from an inability to stay organized and focused. Working out of my home, I can be so distracted by everything else I have to do! I also tend to be a people-person, and so have trouble with the solitary nature of my drawing. I'm even considering returning to social work part time to 'fill' that part of me.

becky joy said...

Wonderful little painting. Love the bird.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

He's a wee delight Lynda and follows me and the dogs for part of our walk. He's a Robin, they don't have the red breasts when they're born that develops as they get older. generally starts to colour from October onwards.
Same with me working from home is easy to go out and potter in the garden or take the camera for a walk anything but put a mark on a blank canvas.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for popping in Becky. The little bird is actually a photograph I took this morning not a painting....mind you they're are those who create such detailed work....my eyes couldn't cope with that now :))

Lynda Schumacher said...

It is so interesting how the same bird can look so different in varying geographical areas: we have robins also, and though the colors are similar in general, they look quite a bit different from this cute little character.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

They look cute but have plenty of attitude and are very territorial, you get some ding dong fights when one moves in on another's territory :)