Saturday, 16 January 2010

ARRRRGGGGHHHH......


The Scraggy Tree
Acrylic 6x6
£150- SOLD
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

I know in the great scheme off things my problems this week are just pebbles in the pond. I can't begin to comprehend what is happening to the poor people of Haiti...such devastation...they are in my thoughts and prayers :(.
For me everything seemed to start off ok but then seemed to spiral downwards.....started with niggling problems with my computer, something I obviously did cos as you know it's new, those seem to have been fixed with a system restore. But and there is always a but, in doing the restore I lost my Flashxp that I use to load my website....no problem just download it again.......I'm taking a deep breath now so that I won't swear on my Blog, most unlady like and something I never do :). For some reason unknown to me while uploading new detail on my website I have managed to lose my website. That would be the website I have been painstakingly rebuilding....just as well you can't see the steam coming from my ears. But more importantly than that it has been all the wasted energy spent working on these omputer problems and not painting. So I've had enough I really don't care anymore if my website is not up and running, I've also had my fill of Twitter and Facebook is sailing close to the wind, I have no doubt that some find them good for promoting work but I find they just take up time that could be better spent......so that's my rant for the day over and I feel the better off it. Going to have some lunch now take a deep breath then paint some......oh nearly forgot one good bit of news sold The Scraggy Tree (above). Well, hopefully I'll be back soon in a better mood, thanks for taking the time to listen to my grumbles....don't be put off and come back soon when I'll be in a better mood and will have something to show from the easel :)

6 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Oh Elizabeth, you poor thing you: these kinds of issues are so frustrating. I was going through the same things for several weeks a couple of months back. You just vent anytime - good to refrain from profanity on the blog though - haha (it might alienate some readers). It will all come together.......it just FEELS like it won't sometimes!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm sure it will Lynda, the Celtic temper has been raising it's head these past two days....everyone is in hiding lol

Linda Shantz said...

Computers are so great when the work for us, but devastating when they work against us!! I'm still grieving lost photos from my hard drive crash in July.

Sounds like you're doing what I did - step away from the mess for a while! Argh.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Losing photos is a lot more heartbreaking than your website disappearing, I can and have already started to rebuild that but it's sickening to lose photos. I lost all my early photos of the dogs a few years back.....thought I had saved them to disc and hadn't, costly mistake I hope never to make again.

Julie said...

How frustrating for you, Elizabeth! Computers cab be wonderful tools, but it is so stress-inducing when data is lost. Congratulations on selling the painting - something good on which to focus!
Now go on out to your studio, throw some paint around and shout and swear all you want!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Had a nice relaxing day today Julie and I'm geared to take on life once more. Thanks for the congrats:)