Saturday, 30 January 2010

BIT OUT OFF SORTS.....



Was still in the doldrums this morning when I woke, can't think where this has come from but whatever it is has had me in a black mood these last few days. Not in a grumpy way just like something is weighing you down, squeezing your heart...winter blues, hormones don't know but after wiping out three try's at a painting yesterday I decided today a long walk was in order. Been a lot milder off late but this morning we have dropped back to minus five with a wind chill of much lower. So with camera slung round my neck, collars zipped up, hat pulled down and gloves on I marched along the country walk, determined to shift the black cloud....with two rather disgruntled wee dogs tagging along in my wake, they don't like to be hurried, you can't smell and hurry. Read somewhere that walking is one of best aids for lifting your spirits, have to say they could be right, still not a hundred percent but do feel a little brighter. Well I will when or if I ever get feeling back into my face lol. Camera helped too I find I relax when I'm shooting away......took these on my 'march', my favourite has to be the bottom one of the wee sparrow, he looks a bit like how I feel....smile.
Hopefully I'll be back soon chirpier than ever, till then have a great weekend where ever you are and thanks for dropping in.

5 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Ohhhhh Elizabeth, I hope you are feeling better soon. Its so hard to be out-of-sorts. I am in the same sort of 'space' lately: its effecting my drawing time, attention to my blog, functioning around the house.........and I really just want things more back to normal. Thinking of you.

Linda Shantz said...

It's so true - you can't smell and hurry! I think you have a new classic quote there! Here's to the approach of spring and better spirits.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks ladies for your kind thoughts...do feel a little better this morning :)

Judith A . Bates said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Elizabeth...Sometimes it's just a matter of taking a short break to recharge one's batteries. Beside's, Spring is right around the corner (that's what I keep telling myself anyhow). Hope you feel better soon...

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Feeling much better Judy, still cold here but there are subtle changes afoot lol