Sunday, 24 January 2010

HURRICANE JACK WIP FINISHED........

Hurricane Jack
Oils 24x20
There comes a time in a painting when you or I should say I have too stop... my Mum used to say "Less is more", and that is something that should be remembered when painting, it is so easy to over cook, and it won't be the first or probably last when I'll do that. My other famous war cry is, this has been a begger to photograph and is a little darker in the flesh so to speak than what I see on my screen. I am happy with the painting and it's been a joy to do, but we shall have to wait and see what Jack's owner thinks.
Been a productive week painting and behind the scenes work. Have managed to get my website, that would be the website that I managed to lose not once but twice back online. It is still under construction but at least there is something to see. Other thing I've been trying to do is go through my whole blog and organise the labels.......thing was a mile long and I'm trying to put them into easier subjects. That should make it easier for everyone to find there favourite subject.
I've also changed the wording in my header a little, instead of Diary of a Scottish artist it now reads Journal, after all my promises to do a daily blog didn't materialise seemed more appropriate to be a journal than a diary....bet I post every day now lol.
As always thanks for popping in for a visit and I appreciate all your comments.

4 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Elizabeth, this is truly lovely. I really like the softness you've achieved, and the subdued tones.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda I'm pretty happy with it too :)

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Good job, love the whole feel of the portrait smooth and proud. Bonny chap!.I'm sure his owner will give you a big thumbs up ;)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona he's got that air about him that horses have when they know they're good looking lol