Monday, 1 February 2010

BETTER FRAME OFF MIND....


Today I feel in a much better frame off mind, walking most definately helps when your mood is a little dreicht. Well it certainly helps to improve mine. Yesterday was cold but sunnier and the wind had gone....that made a huge difference, cheeks were just rosey instead of burnished lol. Took myself off to see my wee herd of Highland coos, they are always able to lift my spirits with their shaggy but sweet hairdos...smile. Had a surprise to find that the herd has had new additions which includes a wee bull he's the top photo...just gorgeous.

Another sharp frost this morning but no sunshine, not much light for photographs but I did like this clump of corn which is growing outside of the field....love the texture, colour was much better in real life but I quite like the photo.

This guy was causing great commotion amongst the other birds particularly the crows. He's a huge buzzard, I've been trying to photograph him for weeks and typically when I've got my camera he's too far away to snap. Take my word for it he's magnificent to see up close. The reason the crows were getting so hot and bothered as yesterday he nabbed one of them, swiped it clean of the hedge it was sitting on...warned Spike and Josh to stay close lol.
Well I've got a board on the easel waiting for me to start and my heart feels ready to create thanks for looking in and pop back soon.

All images are copyright of Elizabeth McCrindle

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

http://art-from-scotland-gallery.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Judith A . Bates said...

Glad your feeling better Elizabeth :) Wow. Great minds do think alike (grin) a few days ago I posted a photo of a friend's Highland Cattle, and a painting I did of a mother and new baby. My next painting is a straight on portrait of a cow (I think it was a cow) much like your pic, but she has a rich butterscotch coloring. I love these guys, they're so paintable!

Elise said...

I couldn't agree more - the minute I'm not feeling great I down tools and head for the hills (or the locak park). Getting the air round your gills makes such a difference... loved your pictures !

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep much better Judith...loved your painting aren't the wee ones so adorable like teddy bears. Looking forward to seeing your next one. Apart from the obvious lol the easiest way to tell the sex is their horns, bulls are shorter and have a downward curve, cows are longer and curve upwards :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Elise and I loved yours....have to say my mouth was watering for those cupcakes :)

~ Kirra ~ said...

I am so pleased you are feeling the benefits of the outdoors again.

Therapeutic is the joy of walking outdoors and the happiness is uplifting when sunshine and clear blue skies allow our eyes the opportunity to see nature at her finest.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Kirra I feel lots better :)

Jennifer Rose said...

glad your feeling better :)

aww highland cattle always bring a smile to me face :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer :)