Sunday, 14 February 2010

PHOTOS FROM RACING AT AYR....

Spent yesterday afternoon at a cold but sunny Ayr Racecourse (above). I can't remember the last time I was there but boy have they made some changes. Not all for the better, it feels...well actually it doesn't feel, they seem to have stripped away most of the charm and friendly feeling I remember. Could be off course as the years have gone by it's my memory that has been distorted.
I did get what I had gone for...reference photos, one thing I didn't have in the 'old' days was a digital camera that fires off shot after shot after shot. Hope my friend Canadian artist Linda Shantz is looking in cos I've now got lots of jockey shots...both of us are brushing up on the two legged companions to our equine paintings...no excuse now to get too it :).


Grahm Lee

Harry Flashman...that's the horse's name by the way not the jockey..lol



Something Silver


Justtheoneforyou was wearing cheek pieces for the first time yesterday....looks a bit embarassed poor boy

Horses away


I'm sorry to end in a sad note but I couldn't not post Witherspoon's handsome head. Racing can at times be a heart breaking sport and the loss of Witherspoon yesterday is has hard as it get's. As upset as I was, I can't imagine the pain felt by his owners and Lucinda Russells team but most of all my thoughts are with Rachael leading him up, who lost a best friend.
"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." ~ Anon
Thanks as always for taking the time to visit, come back soon and bring a friend.

4 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Maybe we should trade jockey photos, Elizabeth - I'd never live it down if I painted the ones over here, their egos are too big!

And my condolences to the connections of Witherspoon - it's always hard.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Funny that...the smaller they are the bigger the ego it seems :) I'm still editing them but sounds a good idea :)

If they've had a look in I'm sure they will appreciate your thoughts.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

So sorry to hear about Witherspoon. Always so hard to deal with a loss.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It was a sad loss for the yard Gail.