Thursday, 4 February 2010

SOMETHINGS JUST MAKE YOU SMILE.....

Now I know I was a bit of a misery guts this weekend but believe it or not I'm a smiley person. Loads of things make me smile, a song on the radio, an advert on TV, a quote, favourite film, a good book, a breath taking view, I could go on and on the list would be endless. But there are seven things that REALLY make me smile, a warm glowing smile that starts somewhere in your heart and spreads out, heating your whole body so that you can't stop yourself smiling. Family, close friends, my pets, horses, art and Robins I won't believe anyone who sees a little robin darting backwards and forwards doesn't smile. And yes I know that's only six but there are somethings I like to keep just for myself, but they know :)
This wee guy is so fast it's normally so hard to get more than a quick shot at him with the camera but this morning he was virtually posing for me, showing off actually would be better. In fact if I had an SLR camera I would have got the most amazing photos of him landing at my feet then scooting over to the dogs and dancing around them but he was too fast for this one.


Ok...check out my wings I can hold them behind my back

Right get the breast now...and a little profile of my face


He actually followed us back to the car.......think this was the competition of who could hold their breath the longest.... he won LOL. It certainly made my day and I'm still smiling while typing this....hope it made you smile too.


http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk

12 comments:

Teresa said...

Your photos are fabulous! So enjoyed looking at them.

Been a long time since I've heard the phrase "misery guts" ... and even longer since I've used it. Must bring it back into circulation... though it would no doubt bring strange looks considering where I live now! (USA)

Judith A . Bates said...

Yep, you sure made me smile this A.M. What a cute little fellow...Our Robins look a lot bigger, and almost have a haughty look to them, not so round and cute like yours. He sounds pretty cheeky too!

Lynda Schumacher said...

It definitely made me smile.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Would imagine you would get a few strange looks Teresa but you never know they might start using the phrase lol.
Thanks for the nice comments about my photographs I loved taking them.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep our Robins are smaller than yours but don't let the fool you they are the terriers of the bird world....very fiesty and protective of their territory.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thought he would make you smile Lynda, know you love your birds :)

Elise said...

Aw... stunning photo's !!! I read somewhere that these robins are not our native ones, but a variety from Spain...

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for that Elise I hadn't heard that...probably where all the attitude comes from :)

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

I know very little about birds but like you Elizabeth they make me smile and feel good. A super bunch of photos

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona glad you enjoyed them...don't know much about them either but think Robin's invented the word chirpy :)

Jennifer Rose said...

love the photos :) i just love how much of an attitude these little guys can have. thanks for the smile :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Your welcome Jennifer :))