Thursday, 25 February 2010

STUDY OF A BAY MARE.......

Study of a Bay Mare
Acrylic 8x7
£200-
Available enquiries should come to me.
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

Was really fired up this morning ready to carry on where I had left off with the bay mare yesterday. And......I'm really pleased with the result...thank God says you she's stopped moaning lol. Just sat down picked up the brushes, worked loosely and enjoyed myself......that seems to be the secret :)

Will leave it like that for now and think where I'll take it, should I take it further or leave it as a study?? Might look nice as it is with an ivory mount. Now back to the maroon and diamond silks.......

Enquiries should come to me.

http://www.e-mccrindleart.co.uk/

http://art-from-scotland-gallery.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Oooh...very nice. I'll be curious to see if you decide to leave it as is!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well it's untouched for now the jockey is back on the easel!

Lynda Schumacher said...

I love your use of color in this one, Elizabeth.

Julie B said...

I agree with Linda - very nice! I hope you leave it as is, it has a lovely energy about it. Very inspiring!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda I was really happy with how it turned out myself :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Julie, yes I'm going to leave it as is, I think it'll look nice in a simple ivory mount with a gold frame!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail

Karen M Schmidt said...

Elizabeth, this is beautiful! I love the looseness, and your use of color is lovely. Wonderful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen this was a welcome change from the jockey I had been painting. I'm enjoying painting the jockey but feel I'm too tight with it...so much easier too be loose with the horses.....I guess practice will make perfect :)

Dean H. said...

Really, really, nice, Elizabeth!! Of course it's up to you, but IMHO it's done!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I agree Dean, I think if I did anything else to it now it would take away the spirit in how it was done!