Monday, 22 February 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS.....MAROON AND WHITE DIAMONDS

Maroon and White Diamonds
Acrylic
This is as much as I got done this morning before I had to stop as a client with reference photos had arrived. Was a welcome break....honest I am enjoying this more than I thought I would in fact I've already lined up my next jockey but I could have made it a lot easier for myself. Firstly I should have picked one that didn't have diamonds and secondly I should have been bolder and gone much bigger, to be honest even when I was sketching it on the board I knew I should have been bigger but the stubborn Scot came out in me and I carried on. Next one wil be 16 x 16 which no doubt I'll find something to moan about lol. Will carry on with this today and maybe if I've time start a study in oils of a horse this evening. Nearly forgot to say this is nearer the true colour I'm photographing them in the studio at the moment and this time of day seems to get a better light.
Thanks as always for looking :)

2 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Coming along nicely, Elizabeth! Time I dragged mine back out, I guess!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda...starting to enjoy this people stuff :-). Looking forward to seeing your progress!