Friday, 12 March 2010

NEW IDEA.....100 PAINTINGS UNDER £100-

Green Fields and Blue Hills
Acrylic 8x8
Sold


Those who follow my Blog regularly might remember me mentioning at the beginning of the week that I was mulling over an idea. I enjoy following one or two artists blogs who have got Daily Paintings down to a fine art (no pun intended) and others who take a month out to create a painting a day. I wanted to do something similar along those things though not a daily painting, the stress I can’t cope with. I was thinking of something to also encourage you to start collecting ORIGINAL paintings. So over the next year I’m going to create 100 paintings which will be available ONLY from my Blog all priced at under £100. Mostly they’ll consist of 6x6’s but occasionally a larger piece will appear, they will all be individually priced but ALL will be under £100-. And just in case you were wondering NO they won’t be substandard pieces, same principal applies to them as everything else I create...if it ain’t good enough to pass the high standards I have for my work it won’t leave the studio. I’ll create a separate blog for them which I’m naming 100 Paintings Under £100 (no surprises there) so that they will be easy to follow but they’ll also appear on this Blog.
Well I’m off for a wee cuppa tea, thanks for looking in and I hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wonderful Elizabeth! Can't wait to see what you do!

Gary Keimig said...

Great idea Elizabeth. This is sure a nice piece.
Good luck

Lynda Schumacher said...

What a great idea, Elizabeth. I look forward to seeing them. (Okay.........what is 100L in American??.....I should know this!)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail, Gary and Lynda I'm really looking forward to doing this. Hoping it has a two fold effect of making me paint more and there fore build on my skills and that it will also encourage people to invest on original works of art. Not sure what the GB pound is against the Dollar at the moment Lynda but I'll be putting a Paypal button on them to make it easy :))