Friday, 19 March 2010

"BLUEBELL WOOD" ACRYLIC 16X16 £500-


Bluebell Wood
Acrylic 16x16
£500- SOLD

Didn't think I'd manage to have anything to show today but it can be surprising how something's just want to be painted. With Spring just around the corner I thought I'd do a revisit one of my favourite group of trees, a lovely little copse of silver birch trees which when Spring comes proper is awash with bluebells or they could possibly be wild hyacinths. I've just bought and set up a daylight lamp in my studio and this is the first painting with it. It certainly brightens things up just goes to show who much of cave I've been painting in. Not sure if it's finished yet will leave it and come back to it.
Well I'm off to enjoy my weekend and I'll see you next week.

Post note...Slept on it and decided it's finished:)

Elizabeth

4 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful!! I can feel the breeze that is stirring the leaves and smell the spring air!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

It looks finished! I love the colors~

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jane for the comment I feel I've done what I set out to do!

I agree Gail looked at it again this morning and I liked it. Just sometimes when you've been so concentrated you can miss something!

Dean H. said...

Beautiful! I like the gentle colors and the strong opposing diagonals.