Monday, 8 March 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS....COMMISSION...

This is a fit in commision for a special birthday that is coming around this weekend. He's a much loved family horse who sadly died a couple of years ago, so I'm having to work from the clients photos. He isn't a surprise for the birthday girl so I'm able to share it's progress with you.
Would seem that Spring has officially sprung and I had a lovely weekend so much so that I've decided I'll be having more painting free weekends. It was nice to spend time away from the studio catching up with stuff that tends to get put back for another day that never arrives. Not that I didn't think about painting in fact I've come up with an idea that I'm still mulling over and will tell you about in another post.
Well I'm off up to the yard to bring in the horses.......that sounds like music to my ears, it's so good to have them out enjoying themselves for at least a small part of the day :)
Thanks as always for visiting :)

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wonderful start! Your eyes have so much expression to them!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail....this guy has a lovely expressive eye it's a joy to try to capture it :)

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Have to agree with Gail:great start. Looking forward to the next posting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Your wish is my command Sheona lol just posted!