Thursday, 22 April 2010

"BRIGHT EYES" (Study of an Arabian foal) OILS ON BOARD 5X7

Bright Eyes
Oils on Board
6x7
SOLD
To a new collector of my work in the USA
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

Finally managed to finish the little study of the Arabian foal, I really enjoyed working on it, oils are such a juicy medium to work with. I'm gradually working with them again as I had a reaction to them when I started painting full time. The continued use triggered a reaction to my Asthma, I now use a low odour white spirit and that seems to have helped. That said if that hadn't happened chances are I would never have taught myself to use acrylics, believe me there was much ranting till I figured them out lol.
I've been caught up these last couple of weeks doing paperwork and getting my accounts ready....I haven't been a happy camper. But it's done and now it's catch up time. I'm way behind with my 100 paintings under 100 GB pounds so will try to catch up with them for the next few days. After I've caught up I'm hoping to set aside Tuesday and Thursday as the days they'll be posted on the Blog. So this wee gem is one of my catch up paintings and is No. 5 of the 100 and will appear later this evening. Got to get dinner ready now and horses sorted phew it's never ending. Might take the chance to do a spot of gardening as well......thank goodness for longer light :))

7 comments:

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Good luck with the great new project Elizabeth. Love this wee chap: displaying all the typical Arabian good looks and self confidence :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Sheona seemed a good idea when I thought of it now it's keeping it. Hopefully will give folk a little encourgement too buy originals. Always think Arabs have a regal haughtiness about them and of course astonishingly beautiful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

oops...brain is running away this morning. Should have been keeping up with them :)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Lovely foal!! I have two Arabian mares and one had a foal last summer.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it....lucky you to have two and a little one they must be source of joy to you :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love this one!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail, I enjoyed getting back too oils with this one :)