Friday, 2 April 2010

"CHAROLAIS BULL" ACRYLIC 7X6

Charolais Bull
Acrylic 7x6
Couldn't not finish Pinky's portrait but I'm definately finished now until Tuesday, I'm not even going to look at the easel.
This piece is available only on my 100 Paintings for under 100 GB Pounds Blog. I know I've said this a million times before but the painting is much better in real life. I love painting the Charolais because there coats reflect the surrounding colour so well...no doubt I'll be doing more studies of them throughout the year.
Once again thanks for looking and have a very Happy Easter.
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

very nice Elizabeth.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gary :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Growing in California there were a number of Charolais in our Valley. So strange to see them in an area loaded with Herefords and Angus!

Great colors!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

The farmer nearby has been breeding them for years. Actually Ayrshire where I live was famous for milking herds but they are few and far between now since the supermarkets have the monopoly on milk. Farmers tend to breed cross breeds for beef, I miss seeing the cows ambling along the road at milk time :(